Monday, April 19, 2010

House Hunting

Jon and I have been married over a year and we have been renting a small 3 bdrm/1 bath home from his Grandparents. We've made it our home and have done a lot to it, but since adding another dog to the scene and me now selling Sensaria, we've out grown it.

You might ask yourself how can two adults and two dogs out grow a three bedroom home? To which I will reply "Come on over and check it out!" Our home is small, we have our bedroom, an office, and a workout/sewing room (interesting combo huh?), and we don't have any storage other than bedroom closets IE no linen closets.

So now we are house hunting, we've been approved, and we're setting our requirements. It's a fun, exciting, and a little nerve racking. I was pleasantly surprised to learn we qualified for way more then I thought we would, but I wouldn't want those monthly payments. This is the first time either of us will be buying a house. I know the basics; Jon wants a garage, I want a kitchen with lots of cabinets, we want at least 1.5 bathrooms and three bedrooms... But is there something we should add to our list that we may not have considered? Any advice for us 1st time home buyers?

No comments:

Post a Comment