Sunday, November 1, 2009

5 Days Husbandless

Hmph... Jon left today and won't be home until Thursday or Friday. He has a job in Pacific City which means he's staying at a hotel and won't be home until it's completed. He packed up a suite case and I packed him snacks and drinks. I secretly put little notes in different articles of clothing and pockets of his suitcase... He's been at the hotel 1/2 hour and found half of them! I can tell he appreciates them, they were fun to write... One simply says "Smack Jason for me." I know he'll bust into laughter when he gets that one. We both really like his coworker and he's a fun guy to joke with.

While I will miss my dear husband I love the idea of having "me time." For example: Jon left at 2:30 this afternoon and since his departure I have cleaned the whole house, finished all the laundry, done the dishes and put them away, washed and changed the sheets, made myself dinner, and watched a movie. My whole house is lit up like a birthday cake with every candle is lit and it smells so nice and it's very calming.

Tomorrow it's back to work and then off to mom's. I'm planning to stay there tomorrow night. Mom will love having Paco and I there; I'll love the company, good food, and brief commute to work.

Well, I'm about to get snuggled into bed and watch some TV... Paco gets to snuggle with me on the bed when Jon's not here, so he's excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment