Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009

With 2009 at an end, I'm excited to start 2010!!!



2009 started with a bang as Jon, Mom, and I went to Oberlin Congregational and spoke with our wedding coordinator on January 1st. officially marking the day we started planning our March wedding. I have to say that I don't really remember much of January or February... With the stresses of wedding planning that can happen to a girl. I do remember Jon buying me diamond earrings for our first Valentines Day together. He got them for me to wear them on our wedding day. :) He's good to me.



I remember spending Tuesday through Thursday stuck at St. Joe's Hospital the week prior to our wedding. I remember that agonizing pain and horrible tube draining my stomach. I remember crying because that was the week I was supposed to be doing my programs, finishing my favors, and having my bridal party come into town... Then WOW! The big day arrived; no one noticed that we didn't have programs or the things that were done last minute. None of that mattered... What people will remember is that Jon changed our exiting wedding song to "Celebrate (good times, come on)."



Jon and I have had a great first year of marriage, we've gone through surgery for me again, Jon being laid off (he went crazy those three weeks), the disappointment of not going to Kauai for our honeymoon as planned, getting another dog Junior, and sharing the holidays with all the parents and family for the first time.



For 2010, we're hopeful for no more surgery, work keeping steady, possibly buying a house, and maybe becoming parents. I'm excited to see what happens, for now we're placing it all in Gods hands!



2009 was a trying year for many, but Jon and I are happily married despite everything we went through. We thank God every day for his blessings and for staying true to his promises. I pray that everyone has a better year, it's time to put 2009 behind us and look forward to 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment