Saturday, December 5, 2009

Keeping Busy

Since Thanksgiving, life has been very busy. I went Black Friday shopping with my dear friend Chanda, we spend the entire day together and got some pretty great deals. Saturday I went to Woodburn, Oregon with my my mommy and my Aunt Char for outlet shopping at wonderful places like Coach, Cabi, Carter's, Lucky, Le Creuset, and North Face. We had lunch before shopping and stopped in Lacey on our way home and had dinner with Andi. It was a nice time, but long day.

Sunday was an early morning at church. Instead of our normal worship and service, our church closed and we went out into the community and served. Gramps organized a project for injured soldiers. We made 50 backpacks filled with snacks, toiletries, playing cards, clean clothes, and stationary. After each pack was made, we hand wrote a Christmas card to the recipient. When our group finished we prayed over the packs; we asked that the recipient know and feel the love and prayers put into each backpack. It was a really neat opportunity to give back to men and woman, who have given so much to everyone of us.

After church Jon and I ran a couple errands, came home and packed him up for the week. He was gone with work for the week and didn't come home until Thursday night. I hate when he's out of town, but it gets a little easier each time he does it. Doesn't hurt that we have a new bigger dog around too.

We got a new sweet 3 year old dog named Junior. He's "Jon's Dog"... but since Jon was only home with him for a day and a half, he's bonded to me and is my dog. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love your new goggy (as Mazie would say) Junior... He is a sweetheart!
    Smooches,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete