Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wonderful Christmas

Despite how hectic the month of December was, Christmas was wonderful. Jon and I spent Christmas Eve at Grandma B's in Steilacoom (my Step-dad's family). We had a wonderful dinner and gift exchange. Christmas morning we drank coffee and did presents before getting ready for the day. We then went to my moms and met up with the siblings. We opened presents and had brunch as a family.


After spending the morning at Mom's; Jon, Andi, Kevin (Andi's b/f) and I all packed into my SUV (with three dogs) and went to Enumclaw to visit Dad, Leslie, and the family. My step brother Gabe came to town... He just got engaged last week to Rachel. I'm so happy for them! My step sis Jen-ai, her husband Jim, and the kids Johanna & Josh were there too. Josh is 5 and loves Jon. They had an amazing time riding the three wheelers and playing laser tag together. Jon needs a son! He's the biggest kid I know and when he and my nephew get together... they have a BLAST! We enjoyed a prime rib dinner and Wii.


Saturday morning we slept in a little, then got up and drove out to Shelton to visit Jon's Mom, Sister Kayty, and her boyfriend Shaun. His momma made sausage biscuits and gravy. YUMMY! We did our gift exchange and spent some time catching up and enjoying the afternoon. We went grocery shopping on our way home and cleaned up the house a bit. By 5:30 I was feeling pretty nauseous and miserable, so I let Jon cook dinner. Around 8:30 Momma, Kayty, Shaun and his daughter Kaylie were at our house for dinner and staying the night. I ended up with the stomach flu and wasn't the best of company or that great of a host. Jon did a good job filling in though. The Hunter's had their Christmas gathering on Sunday. I wish I could have been more apart of it, but I did not feel well.


I found out today that of the 26 people in attendance on Christmas Eve at Grandma B's, 18 people ended up with the stomach flu... I say flu, not food poisoning because Grandma B was sick before Christmas Eve, Nate was sick Christmas Day, and everyone else was sick in the days following Christmas.

We had a wonderful Christmas and are so thankful for the time with our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment