Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Busy Day

The day started when mom woke me up and moved me to the couch... It was too early for me to know what time it was, but Jon had left for work so it was after 6. I slept until 9:30 and then had breakfast... I didn't eat breakfast prior to surgery, but I have to now to take me medicine. Frosted Mini-Wheats are becoming my favorite. I watched an episode of Closer that I recorded on the DVR from Monday. Towards the end of the show Jeannette and Angie came with 2 cards, a wonderful gift for a massage, and a plant.

They stayed for a while as we caught up on work, my progress, and some of the fun going on in their lives.

My Grandma and Grandpa Bailey came with Kayla in tow a few hours later. It was great seeing both of them. Grandma visited while I was in the hospital, but Grandpa wasn't up to with his health, so it was neat seeing both of them today.

An hour or so after Chanda, Chloe, and Alisa came to visit. While they were here my buddy Tom stopped in and gave me a CD he's been recording (he has a great voice) and he met Jon for the first time.

I attempted to make dinner in hopes of thanking Mom and Mark for all that they've been doing, but Jon had to finish for me because apparently I had overdone it today. I do great all day, but toward the evening I start running on empty.

Tomorrow is my one week follow up with Dr. Medwell. I get my staples removed tomorrow and learn more about what his expectations are for me with my recovery ie when I can start driving again, being back at our home, and returning to work. I'll be sure to update tomorrow early afternoon when I get back home from my appointment.

Thank you for every one's thoughtfulness: texts, emails, cards, flowers, love, and prayers... They make a world of difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment