Monday, August 24, 2009

Recovering at Mom's

Well Jon and I are staying this week at mom's. We don't know the exact day that I'll be be feeling up to being back at our home. Saturday was a rough day all around. The nausea hung around a while and I didn't have energy at all, but mom took great care of me. Jon did too when he got here after working all day.

Yesterday was a huge day... I showered and shaved. BIG accomplishment! I hung out on the couch and stayed awake for an entire movie with Jon and Nate. I was very exhausted by 2pm, but I was in too much pain to sleep. Mom intervened and made me go to bed. I feel like I'm a little kid and I don't want to miss anything by being in bed. But I finally took a nap from 4 until 7 last night.

The hardest part now is learning what I can do and what I can't. I don't like being dependent on everyone else, and I feel guilty always asking for help. But the smallest things like going up and down the stairs are exhausting and cause pain if I don't take my time. So it's baby steps for the next few weeks.

I'm going to take a nap before my sister comes with my niece and nephew to visit. I'll try to update tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment