Monday, August 17, 2009

Surgery Tomorrow

Well surgery is tomorrow and today has been the hardest day for me.

I got to spend part of the weekend with my grandparents who I haven't seen for a couple years. Grandma and I got coffee and our toes done. Last night Grandma and Papa took us out for my last meal. Andi met us at their hotel last night; we ate blizzards, went over pictures and reminisced. I was so glad Jon got to meet them and it was a great end to a weekend.

This afternoon, everything hit me when Paco had to go to our friends. I totally broke down. I've had my emotional times, but I try to play tough. I haven't been able to do that today. I've known for weeks that when Paco went to our friends, it was time. I've known for three weeks that it's tomorrow and I don't feel prepared at all. I'm scared of the unknown and this time there's a lot of it.

Jon asked what he could do to help, so tomorrow he's taking me to the hospital on our new motorcycle, in my new pink gear! I've had so many restrictions the last 24 hours and nothing in my paperwork said I can't go by bike... so mom's driving behind us and hiding my gear in her car after we arrive. Being on the bike is something I love and we don't know the next time I'll be able to ride. So if your driving northbound from Tacoma to Seattle between 10-11am, look for me in pink!

I'm so thankful for my supportive husband who has the most positive outlook on this... my family and friends have been amazing too. I have faith that God knows the outcome and that I'm in his hands... but I'm still so scared. Please pray for the surgeons, my family, and for me.

*Jon may update this tomorrow after I'm in recovery... he's not a blogger so be patient....




No comments:

Post a Comment