Monday, September 14, 2009

Jon's Thumb Injury

This morning a little before 9 am, Jon called me in his normal calm voice and said "Don't freak out Babe, but I need you to meet me at Harrison ER". I typically follow that with "What did you do?" Where he down plays the cut to his thumb. He's now joking that he tried to cut it off... he was just unsuccessful. Jon was on a job site alone this morning trying to set a tub. It was setting uneven due to a piece of tile that was under one of the feet of the tub. He was lifting the tub and reaching with his left hand to grab the tile. The sharp end sliced into his thumb, creating a flap. It required 4 stitches and Tylenol or Motrin for pain. We were there until 11:15 and he's been being pampered... well as much as I can do. We're now trying to figure out dishes, it's too much for me and he can't get his hand wet... paper plates it is!

He's going to be home on the couch with me until Wednesday with his hand elevated. Aren't we a pair?

No comments:

Post a Comment