Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Weekend Catch Up

Friday, Jon went to the Tacoma Rainier's baseball game. I spent the evening with my parents and little brother. We watched a movie and ate dinner late. I loaded Paco up in the car and we headed home for real. hehe Not like last weekend, this time we came home to stay. (I'm still unpacking, it's a slow process) I got home around 10:45 and Jon joined me around 11:30. It was so nice!

Saturday, Jon slept in... I'm still not sleeping well and I'm waking up earlier than I'd like to be. We had a really lazy day! Lots of movies and take out.

Sunday, the busiest day I've had since surgery, also the first and last day that I wore jeans. I don't know when I'll do that again. Chapel Hill (a church in Gig Harbor that a few of my co-workers attend) launched a "Go Sunday". We do it at our church on Thanksgiving weekend. It's a day where the church closes for the day and the members worship by serving others. My wonderful co-workers went to a patient's house in the pouring rain... cleaning her gutters, clipping her rose, lots of yard work, detailing her car, and much much more. I went to "sit and look pretty" as my co-workers said. It was neat seeing everyone especially our patient who is one of the most gracious and wonderful woman I have met.

After Jon and I visited, we went to Costco... Jon doesn't have a Costco card since Mom and I share a membership, so I had to go... We kept it easy and short, only getting the necessities but being there was a little harder than I thought it would be. On our way home we swung in to Lowes which was having a huge sale... I checked out my dream front load washer and dryer... (just to look)well Jon said we could get them...

So we ordered them yesterday! They'll be here in 10 days! I'm so excited. I've been reading reviews and figuring out what I wanted for months... I can't wait!

Sunday night Valann came over for laziness and movies, she ended up staying the night and hanging out in pj's all day with us yesterday. Mom came to visit us too. She brought us food and cleaned a bit. She's the best.

Today I woke up early, but I had a project to do. I got to sew, cut, and sew some more. I'm making Valann's baby shower gift. I bought fabric a month ago, but haven't been home to sew or anything... I didn't think I'd finish in one day, but I DID!!!

Tomorrow I turn 25... 09-09-09... it doesn't feel like tomorrow is going to be my birthday, but I'm sure looking forward to mom's homemade cheesecake (it's like 3 inches thick!)

That pretty much sums it up. I'll post some pictures this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment