Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sleepless & Restless

My Dad told me know one's ever died from not sleep... while this is probably true, I feel like I'm losing my mind. I'm very emotional and activity wipes me out. I'm so not myself and I'm dreading the next two weeks. I return to work on Sept. 28th and no sleep isn't making me feel like I'll be ready to return.

When I stopped taking my pain medication two weeks ago I wasn't prepared for the sleepless and restless days and nights. I'm on my 10th night of not sleeping and I can't nap during the day. I'm averaging 2-4 hours of sleep every 24. After last years surgery, I knew that it was likely that I'd wake up often, but I was able to nap then. I feel like if the restlessness was gone, sleep could be possible. I looked up the medications I was on and sleeplessness and restlessness are often side effects, so I'm going to see a doc this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment